Tents are an integral part of the equipment that is needed while going out for a camping trip. I own a 2-person as well as a 4-person tent. Before purchasing the 4-person tent, I did a thorough study and research of various other 4-person tents. Here I will provide 4 person tent reviews so that you can choose the right tent for you.
1. Coleman Sundome 4-Person Tent, Green
Probably one of the most popular tents out there, the Coleman Sundome 4-Person Tent is roomy enough for a family of four to fit in. It comes with Coleman’s flagship WeatherTec system, which makes it possible to withstand multiple weather variants. Be it rain or excessive heat or cold, this tent is versatile enough to withstand any weather condition. The WeatherTec system is particularly effective against nasty storms and rains. The interiors are spacious with a base dimension of 9 feet by 7 feet and a height of 59 inches. The tent is easy to setup, and includes an electrical access port.
Average Customer Rating: 4.5/5
- 63 square feet of sleeping space
- Coleman’s exclusive WeatherTec system keeps rain and moisture out
- Adjustable Variflo ventilation and vented Cool-Air port
- Privacy vent window; interior gear pocket; rain fly
- Electrical access port; measures 9 x 7 feet; 1-year warranty
- 59″ center height
- 8.5 mm fiberglass poles
2. ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 4 Person Tent – Fiberglass Poles (7-Feet 6-Inch x 8-Feet 6-Inch)
A tent with fiberglass poles and a 2-pole design, the Alps Meramac tent gives good value for money. Well made, it has a unique double door system offering 2 entry points. Though not a necessary feature, it sure adds up to its worth. It is easy to setup and the tent material is of a durable material providing good weather-proof protection. Though the tent stakes are a bit odd per say, it does not create a problem. It has two windows by the side which give it an aesthetic look while at the same time providing good ventilation.
Average Customer Rating: 4.8/5
- Free Standing 2 Pole Design with Shock Corded Fiberglass Poles
- Great Ventilation with 2 zippered windows (in the doors) and large side mesh panels
- Weatherproof Fly with a Ridge Pole provides an Awning over each Door
- Factory Sealed Fly & Floor Seams give best weather protection
- Easy Entry with 2 Doors and “single zip operation”
3.Eureka Copper Canyon 4 -Person Tent
It has a unique cabin styled-structure and is roomy enough for four person to easily fit in. With a 6-pole support, it has a solid frame structure. It has excellent ventilation with four windows at the sides and a roof vent. You can easily stand up while inside this tent and do any task. It is more so suited for car camping an is essentially a family tent. It can even accommodate a chair! One drawback it has that in the cold, it can get a bit chilly, because the mesh at the top went cannot be closed with a fly. Also, it is a bit costly, but then you get quality for a price. Overall it is a sturdy, spacious tent that is most suitable for a family camping trip in the summers.
Average Customer Rating: 4.8/5
- 6-pole cabin style tent with 8×8 floor space and 7′ center height provides plenty of room for four people
- Full mesh roof allows circulation of air and reduces condensation
- Large D-style door, with half window, allows easy entry/exit
- Windows on each side offer visibility and ventilation
- Freestanding, combination steel/fiberglass frame with clips, pole sleeves, and ring and pin assembly make set-up easy
4. Kelty Acadia 4-Person Tent
The Kelty Acadia can be used as a backpacking tent. Though it has been designed for 4 persons, it can get pretty tight with four people sleeping inside. This is one major drawback. I would personally recommend if you are three persons or a small family with little children, go for it. It comes with dual doors for entry and exit. It has excellent waterproof protection, and however windy or rainy it may be, it is designed to provide you protection. It is fast and easy to setup this tent. Then again, the stakes of this tent are a bit flimsy. The tent is airy and overall a worthy find.
Average Customer Rating: 4.1/5
- Packed Weight: 11lb 10oz / 5.3kg
- Minimum Weight: 10lb 7oz / 4.7kg
- Floor Area: 59ft2 / 5.4m2
- Vestibule Area: 21.5 + 12ft2 / 2 + 1.1m2
- Dimensions: (l x w x h): 98″ x 87″ x 59″